While Pepsi is a household name, you might not be so familiar with its parent company, Pepsico. In addition to Pepsi, the Pepsico family includes more than 20 other brands, such as Lay’s, Tropicana and Quaker. You can apply for a job with Pepsi through the Pepsico website, PepsicoJobs.com. In addition to posting jobs on the website, Pepsico also uses social networking to spread the word about current job openings.
Applying for the Job
The basic job qualifications vary, depending on the specific position. Some jobs, such as merchandise supervising, require only a high school diploma or GED. Other fields, including sales and accounting, require a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience working in the field. PepsicoJobs clearly states the minimum requirements, preferred qualifications and necessary skills for each job. If you are suited for a job, you can complete the application and submit your resume online.
STEP 1: APPLY
Once you’ve identified an opportunity of interest, we invite you to submit your profile online. Following your submission, a member of our internal recruitment team will review your credentials against the requirements for the role you’ve expressed interest in. You will then be contacted regarding the next steps
STEP 2: ASSESS
At PepsiCo, we offer various options for two-way communication during the hiring process. Depending on the role, location and timeliness, we may initiate our dialogue with you via telephone, Webcam interview or through a traditional in-person interview. We recognize an interview should serve a mutual benefit. We invite your questions.
STEP 3: OFFER & ON-BOARDING
It’s decision time. Our team works equally hard to ensure the right hiring decision is made for you and PepsiCo. Offers are extended live via telephone or in-person from a member of our internal team. If you are not selected for a particular role after your interview, you will receive communication from a member of our team.
Once you’ve accepted an offer at PepsiCo, you will receive additional details about your on-boarding experience including access to our online portal, Pre-Start
Consider the following when developing your resume:
- 01 Position the most relevant points first where they are most apt to be read
- 02 Highlight strengths most relevant to the specific job opportunity and role
- 03 Use action words that will make your resume stand out
- 04 Call attention to your achievements by including results and supporting data versus an exhaustive list of responsibilities
- 05 Your main selling points should be clear and easy to review
- 06 Use bullet points with short sentences to structure the body of your resume
- 07 Font size should be no smaller than 10 points and the length should not exceed 2 pages
- 08 Update your resume frequently to ensure your most recent accomplishments are captured